American Airlines is predicted to announce at the very least a handful of new international routes tomorrow. Who doesn’t adore a bit of speculation, so let’s go ahead and make our guesses!
American will expose new global flights
United Airlines is known for submitting teaser movies prior to saying new intercontinental routes, generally showcasing Patrick Quayle, United’s SVP of Worldwide Network Planning and Alliances.
It looks like American Airways desires in on the motion, as the airline has just published a teaser video clip about an announcement that’s expected on Thursday, August 17, 2023. In fairness, American doesn’t have virtually as several chances as United to get artistic with this, given how small American’s very long haul network is by comparison.
The airline has posted a teaser video clip on Instagram, which incorporates some clues (and a wink from Brian Znotins, American’s SVP of Community Setting up). Ok, so let’s fail to remember for a minute how extremely odd the entire video clip is, and make our very best guesses.
As noted by @IshrionA, there are five boarding passes in the movie, each individual made up of an airport code, furthermore a desired destination which is created as a clue:
- American will fly from DFW to “somewhere hot”
- American will fly from PHL to “somewhere fun”
- American will fly from PHL to “somewhere new”
- American will fly from PHL to “somewhere glitzy”
- American will fly from ORD to “somewhere classic”
Beyond that, I observe a couple extra clues in the video clip:
- There’s a sticker with equally the Italian flag and the French flag
- When there’s a sticker with the Spanish and Swiss flags, I wouldn’t essentially believe people are immediate clues, as the American flag also displays
- The amount 22,391 is composed on a piece of paper, and I’m guessing which is the merged length of all of these routes
In addition, down below is some speculation and clues that @xJonNYC has shared about the attainable places.
My guesses as to American’s new places
Below are a several assumptions I’m going to make:
- I picture most of these routes will be released in 2024, and will very likely be summer months seasonal routes.
- I believe most of these will be actual extended haul global flights, and not the quick haul global flights that American so commonly adds to Mexico and the Caribbean
- 4 routes will very likely be to locations that American now serves out of other airports, or has beforehand served which is since only one route is currently being referred to as getting to “somewhere new”
Permit me share my guesses, approximately in get of assurance:
- I come to feel extremely strongly that American will launch a Philadelphia to Awesome route that would make sense in phrases of the French flag, as well as “somewhere glitzy”
- I feel the Chicago to “somewhere classic” route could pretty nicely be to Venice or Prague this is a route American has operated in the earlier, but not in the summertime of 2023, so I suspect it will resume
- I consider a Philadelphia to Berlin route is pretty likely, and it could be underneath the “somewhere new” or “somewhere fun” class we have viewed other carriers broaden transatlantic support to Berlin, and it matches the emojis in the previously mentioned social media submit
- I feel the “somewhere hot” clue could be one of two issues both it is a Dallas to Barcelona flight, or it is a trick, and refers to a Dallas to Helsinki flight (with the warm reference referencing how Helsinki’s airport code is “HEL”)
- The “somewhere fun” out of Philadelphia is stumping me… maybe Stockholm, primarily based on the Scandinavia clue, or it’s possible Naples (if the airline flies to Prague out of Chicago, instead than to Venice, in which circumstance it would demonstrate the Italian flag?)
In accordance to gcmap.com, the complete length of Chicago to Prague, Dallas to Barcelona, and Philadelphia to Berlin, Philadelphia to Naples, and Philadelphia to Awesome, is 22,396 miles. That puts us within 5 miles of the 22,391 miles penned on the napkin (and that could just be a function of which supply is remaining utilised to compute distance). Hmmm…
On Thursday, American will be announcing new intercontinental routes. The hints so significantly counsel that there will be 5 routes, which include three from Philadelphia, 1 from Chicago, and one particular from Dallas. There are some attention-grabbing clues, even though it’s probable I could be on the totally improper keep track of.
Any person want to acquire a guess as to what the new routes are?